Sunday, July 26, 2015

Stencil Sunday~STAMPlorations Inspiration~"Art Journal" Canvas

Hello!

Welcome to Stencil Sunday! This is my inspiration project for the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Team.


Every Sunday you can find some awesome inspirational projects to kick-start your week! Visit by clicking HERE.



There is also a fabulous Mixed Media Challenge, you can link up HERE. Still lots of time to play, you can enter until July 31 :)



I made a small canvas 5 inches by 7 inches. As I played I felt it was going more the direction of a journal page and I had lots of fun and just went along with it :)


The background started with the Bubbles ARTplorations stencil, I love circles and this is one of my go-to items! I used some DecoArt modelling paste for depth. I added some circles drywall tape and DecoArt Crackle Paste in random spots.

Once dry, it was paint play with DecoArt Misters, Fluid Acrylics and Americana Multi-Surface Satin. I love the multi- surface, it is wonderful!


For the stamping I used STAMPlorations Vignette Trendy Feathers and Artsy Borders


I stamped, heat embossed with Ranger Extra Fine Black, then fussy cut the feathers, which are perfect ATC size :)  The border stamping I did directly onto the canvas across all the texture bumps and valleys. I stamped the borders with Ranger Distress Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Black powder.


Thanks so much for coming by today!

Hope you have time to play and hop over to STAMPlorations!

Have a great day!

~kim

I am also entering this canvas into the Design Team Showcase Challenge & Bloghop #17

This is a wonderful showcase challenge for all members of Design/Creative Teams to spotlight their own creations. All are welcome to vote starting on August 1st, hope you can come back :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow Kim! Stunning canvas. I love all the texture, especially the drywall tape, & the colours just pop. Thank you for joining us again at Design Team Showcase for challenge #17. AELx

    ReplyDelete
  2. another wonderful project! I love purple, so you got me allready with your color choice. :D
    Thanks for playing along in the Design Team Showcase.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vibrancy of your colours, and your how-done write-up

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.