Saturday, October 18, 2014

October 18~ 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger Challenge Day 18


Hi! 

Welcome to Day 18 of 31 Days of Halloween! The Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween Challenge is to create a daily project using a stamp, rubber or digi, and run from there. Remember to pop over HERE to Terra's blog to see the daily Scavenger Hunt prizes donated by our awesome sponsors and find the daily clue. You can also see all the rules there, too. For your reference I have the Wicked Blogger Hop list on the ride sidebar:)

Today is my Bat Tribute! I used a free piece of clip art I found at The Old Design Shop Blog for the picture on the piece. The Old Design Shop is another super fun place for clip art of the vintage variety!



I tinted the clip art with Distress Inks after I printed it out on cheap photo paper. The Night Terrors clip is from an Altered Pages collage that I was fortunate to win in the Scavenger Hunt also printed and tinted the same way. The bats in flight stamp is Unity. 

Have a spooky Saturday!

Thanks so much for looking and your comments make my day! If you have any questions, just ask:)

*big hugs*

~kim

13 comments:

  1. This is a great scene, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, love the background it has so much depth and texture to it! I have that same bat I printed him out when I printed the bat I used on my burned and charred book! Love the more frightful they look as real bats! Lovely job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Great minds, I love the image too! The real ones are sooo much more creepy!
      ~kim

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colorings and texture. Love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Bat Tribute! Gorgeous background. Love tha bats across the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wicked cool mixed media creation there Kim! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun piece. Love all the bats and the collage look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super awesome collage. All of the elements fit perfectly together. Wonderful colors wonderful images wonderful Leo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful piece today! Love the vintage bat image, and your background is terrific--so much texture. I'm assuming that's tissue paper that gives it that textural feeling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your kind words!
      I built up the background starting with some plain heavy paper. I added some dry wall tape and some plastic mesh, you can see the mesh in the top left. I glued it down with some thinned plain white glue. Then I covered the whole thing with plastic wrap, the kind you wrap food in. I added more thinned white glue. Let dry. Then added the painted and stamped tissue paper on top. So, I think that is why I have a lot of "hills and valleys".

      Delete
  9. Great page! Love the bat image and that background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Bats outta hell! FAlbuous creation . What a frenzy! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, awesome texture and I love all those bats!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.